City of Trenton Charter


City Charter                                      06-05-2007
City or Trenton                                 10-23-2007
Intergrating EMS in Fire Department 11-27-2007

* * * * * * * * *

Business Licenses

Business Licenses,  Transient Vendor Permits and Beer and Liquor Licenses may be purchased through the office of the Trenton City Recorder which is located in City Hall at 309 S. College Street.  For information concerning these Licenses and Permits please read the following sections.  If you need further information you may contact this office by phone at 731-855-2013 or click here to reach the office by email. 


The issuance of Beer Licenses is Regulated by the Alcoholic Beverage Board which acts upon the recommendations of the Trenton Police Chief.   By ordinance, the City of Trenton allows a maximum of nine licenses for on-premis consumption.  It is unlawful for any persons to sell, store, or distribute beer without first making application to and obtaining a permit from the Beer Board.  In application, the applicant certifies that they have read and are familiar with the Beer Ordinances of the City of Trenton.  A copy of these ordinances may be obtained from the Office of the Mayor and City Recorder at Trenton City Hall which is located at 309 S. College St in Trenton.

Upon application, the applicant will be required to pay $30.00 for publication and clerks fees.  No application will be considered until said fee has been paid.  The beer board shall have 30 days after the filing of the application with the City Recorder to investigate the applicant and the location of the business.  The date that the Beer Board will hear the application will be given upon application.  It is required by the Beer Board that the applicant or a representative be present at the public hearing.

After the application has been approved, the following fees are due for the license to be issued: a $250 one time permit fee, a $20 business license charge, plus an annual privilege tax of $100 to be prorated for the first calendar year.  At that time the applicant should also purchase their Gibson County Business License at the Gibson County Courthouse.  Reminders of renewals of Business Licenses and Yearly Beer Permits will be mailed to the address specified at the time of application.  If the mailing address changes without notification to this office or mail is unable to be delivered to the specified address, it shall be the responsibility of the beer license holder to keep all necessary licenses current.  If licenses expire or beer ceases to be sold at a location for a period of 45 days, the application process must be completed again in its entirity.  If a business closes, it is the responsibility of the license holder to notify the office of the Trenton City Recorder to file a final business license report.  Failure to do so will result in the issuance of a distress warrent upon the business license holder.

Trenton City Council

The Trenton City Council consists of 6 elected officials that serve four year terms. The City Council also serves as Trenton's Alcoholic Beverage Board which regulates Beer and Liquor Licenses issued within the City.  The Mayor serves as the Chairman of this Board.(Insert Pic and Names)

The City Council meets every second and fourth Tuesday of the Month at 5:30 p.m. in the Trenton City Hall, which is located at 309 S. College St.  All meetings are open to the public and interested citizens are enouraged to attend.  The agenda for the meeting is available by request via e-mail (click here) Friday before the meeting.  To request to speak before the council or to have an item added to the Agenda, please contact Trenton City Hall at 731-855-2013 prior to the Friday preceding a scheduled meeting.  Individuals may also speak with the City Recorder if they wish to appear before the Council up to the day of the scheduled meeting.

The following Links above under 'Charters' will Display all of the latest Charters for the City of Trenton, Tennessee

Tax Exempt Organizations of Gibson County
Link to: